Tuesday 29 November 2011

Wigs, Wigs, Wigs!

Over the past few weeks I've been completely obsessing over wigs and how they're becoming the new fashion trend! What was something that wasn't spoken about and was generally something you did if you had no hair, has now become the new hair extension! You can buy all sorts of wigs now, candy coloured ones with huge curly pigtails, long curly ones and short dramatic ones!

Because of this craze, I myself decided to get a wig, not something drastic and multicoloured (yet). Just a light brown, long, curly wig, as I've always had short hair and now that this perfect opportunity has come around for me to have long beautiful hair that I can take off or on whenever I feel like it!

So I found a beautiful wig on Ebay for a ridiculously cheap price for how nice it is, and it took 3 unbelievably painful weeks before it arrived. So yesterday it actually turned up and the wait was so worth it! It was a perfect fit and it was almost exactly the same colour as my eyebrows, so I didn't need to change much on my face to make it look natural. Today was the first time I wore it, and I thought the reactions would be biased or maybe some people would say "Oh wow it looks lovely!" and actually laugh at me behind my back, but as far as I could tell, everyone loved it!  So I'll post some pictures and maybe a tutorial of me putting the wig on! And also a link to the actual wig which comes in 3 colours, all very beautiful!

So this was yesterday at my boyfriends house when the wig actually arrived! I managed to get it on straight away without any fuss due to me watching so many tutorials on putting wigs on and making them look natural!

And below is the wig, I bought it in the colour that the girl in the picture has on, as the black was too much for me (it reminded me of 14 year old scene kid me) and the dark brown looked more purple, which I also wasn't keen on!

The wig (international shipping from Hong Kong so it may take a while)

Anyway, if you have any questions or anything you can leave a comment!

Thanks guys! x

1 comment: